USS George H.W. Bush is the tenth and final Nimitz-class supercarrier of the United States Navy. The carrier entered operations in 2009 and it currently operates from its homeport in Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia.
- Incredible level of detail on the modeling of the USS George H.W. Bush Carrier, with full PBR texturing.
- Functional catapult and arrestor system, with selectable launch speed and stop time according to the aircraft. This feature works with any payware or freeware aircraft, from a fighter jet to a B747.
- 7 spawnable static locations around the Earth
- Additional landable ships, such as Frigates, are placed around the carrier.
- Static Aircraft, including the F-35 and the F/A-18
- Animated radars
- We will add any location you want for FREE! Email us with the coordinates, and we will place an aircraft carrier on that location for no additional cost.
- NEW ON V1.2: Functional MSFS Default Arrestor Cable System (Only with compatible aircraft such as the F/A-18)
Out of the box, the product includes 7 static, spawnable locations. This means that the carriers do not move, and flights can be started from the carrier deck. The carrier will be visible as an airport on the WorldMap. We have created custom ICAOs for the different locations:
UGB1: Port of Origin (Norfolk)
UGB2: South of Key West
UGB3: Sea of Japan
UGB4: Persian Gulf
UGB5: South Mediterranean Sea
UGB6: Gulf of Aden
UGB7: South China Sea
CARRIER LAUNCHER SOFTWARE (Catapult and Arrestor)
We include with the product a fully functional SimConnect kinematics software to simulate the catapult and arrestor dynamics on an aircraft carrier.
Run the Carrier Launcher software (located in user Documents\Miltech Simulations)
Launch MSFS and place any aircraft on the aircraft carrier. Taxi to any of the catapult locations.
Connect the Carrier Launcher software to your sim by clicking "Connect"
Select your takeoff speed, or type your own.
Set parking brakes and maximum thrust. Click on "Ready to Launch"
Release parking brakes and see your aircraft quickly accelerate to the selected speed.
Make sure your Carrier Launcher is connected to the sim (if not, click "Connect")
Select the full stop time, or type your own. The faster the aircraft, the shorter the full stop time it is. For example, for a fighter jet, a 1s full stop time is ideal.
Click on "Extend Tailhook" and land normally. The aircraft will decelerate quickly. Assist with braking as required.
Our Carrier Launcher is a custom derivative of Kinetic Assistant by Touching Cloud, licensed under an MIT license.
Installing the freeware "Top Gun Expansion Pack" from the MSFS Marketplace is required
Our product currently has a few limitations to take into consideration due to the current state of MSFS's SDK.
- Carriers are all static objects. We have no plans to make them move since this is not possible with MSFS's SDK. Airports have fixed coordinates.
- The carriers have uncontrolled ATC. There is an ATC frequency for each, but these work as an uncontrolled airport (UNICOM). AI traffic does not visit this airport anyways.
- PAPI/VASI/OLS are not functional.
- Crash Detection must be off at all times, otherwise, you might have issues using the product.
NEW ON V1.2:
- Improved texturing
- Improved carrier clutter, tugs, and personnel on deck
- Animations added
- Default MSFS Arrestor cable system - only for compatible aircraft, such as the F/A-18.
- Improved performance and LODs
- Improved night lighting
Disclaimer: Although this product resembles its real-world counterparts in many aspects, the product does not accurately represent (nor intends to accurately represent) the real ship's design, features, systems, or missions. It is for entertainment and educational purposes only, and shall not be used for real aircraft training or any other professional application. This product is not endorsed, supported by, related to, certified by, or in any way connected to the US Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, or any manufacturer or operator. The product has been exclusively inspired by readily available information. This product falls into Fair Use of all applicable copyrighted and trademarked materials, as a transformative work inspired by real ships.